Volunteer Teaching in Nepal
Pioneer Foundation Nepal (Non-Profitable Organization - www.pfnepal.org
) has conducted volunteering teaching in many places in Nepal.
Volunteering in Chitwan:
1) Volunteering Teaching in Chitwan.
Details for Volunteering in Government School, Chitwan, Sauraha .
Chitwan 150 Km far from the Capital city of Kathmandu. 25 minutes flight & 5 hours drive from Kathmandu/Pokhara It is located in the central part of the country, having flat land and rich natural resources. Nepal;s famous and oldest National park is located here. It is linked with Major highways and facility of domestic airport. Chitwan Sauraha is comparatively more facilitated than the other mountain parts of Nepal. Volunteers can stay in t the hotel in Sauraha, get more facility to compare with other mountain areas. Besides all of these, there are many schools, which are owned by Government, but having lack of education systems, lack of many infrastructures. So, Our Pioneer Foundation focused in this backyard areas for the school, orphanage house volunteering with staying at a hotel.
School Name for the Volunteering :
Features of the Schools :
- Shree Bachhauli Higher Secondary School, Ratnanagar-17, Sauraha, Chitwan
- Shree Malpur Secondary School, Sauraha, Chitwan.
Process for Admission
- Bachhauli school has Approximately 450 Students. & Malpur school has 300 students (Grade I to XII )
- 50 % are Girls in each school
- Schools are located 10 – 15 minutes walking distance from the Hotel Jungle Wildlife Camp, Sauraha.
- Toilets, Sports materials, grounds, Science Lab, School offices and Library are in weak conditions in those Government schools.
- All teaching methods are in Nepalese Medium, except English Book in Government schools.
- About 18 permanent Teachers, fully paid by Nepal Government
- Volunteering need for English Teaching, Sports teaching, Health, Social and environments, Computers classes etc. Volunteers also assist and help for the student discipline learning, health awareness, socio –cultural exchange of his/her country & Nepal. Besides of these, Volunteers can interact with Parents, Teachers as well as students about their life styles, culture, traditions.
Admission Fee: US $50 per person (This amount will go to the Pioneer Foundation - Nepal to support their social project)
Cost/Charge for Volunteering
Per Day Volunteering: US $ 36 per person per day (This will includes, lodging, food, volunteering fees in Schools . Land Transportation in/out to the Sauraha, Chitwan.
Duration: (Minimum 05 Days & maximum as per your choice)
You have to sign up for minimum of 05 days volunteering teaching. But if you could do more days for volunteering in School, it would always be perfect. You could sign up for 1week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 1 month or more volunteering teaching in these schools but you have to confirm your timeline of volunteering beforehand.
Details for the Food and Accommodation :
On your volunteering program, lodging will be at “ Jungle Wildlife Camp.” You will get one double/Twin Bedded or Triple bed room for your stay while volunteering . Hotel provides you All foods and accommodation. Attached bath room, 24 hour Hot Shower, 24 hours free WiFi internet access are includes with this price.
You will staying in a hotel, so, we will have all the facilities what you expect from a hotel.
Choice of any eggs, Tea or coffee, Hash Brown Potato, Breads, Butter/Jam.
Nepali Food Set (Dal Bhat Veg set ) - which is combine with plain rice, lentil soup, Vegetable curry, Green salad, pickle etc.
Sometimes, we will provide, Chinese, Continental and Indian veg dishes.
While on Volunteering teaching in school, you will have opportunity to see how school is running, discussion about teaching difference in your country and in Nepal, interact with social peoples, teachers and school management, paying sports with school children's.
Chitwan is located in low land areas, which has very famous Chitwan National park. This national park is the resident of great one horned Rhinoceros, habitant of 450 species of birds, many flora and faunas etc. You Can do jungle Safari, Jungle walk, Visit to the crocodile Breeding farm, Elephant Breding center, 20,000 Lake tour, Jeep drive , Chepang Hill trail, Devghaat dhaam visit, Banana Garden, Fish pond, Cow Farm, Chepang Child home etc. You Can also visit some orphanage home and volunteering over there.
Fund Raising/Additional support to School
This volunteering program is a basic program that we have developed for you to visit to Government school and do volunteering teaching and the cost charged to you is only for a required lodging/food/school exp. for your staying during the trip. However when you will be there, as school was affected from earthquake and they almost have no good set up of anything in their school (We initiating fundraising to this school for basic support to assist them), school always have expectation from westerners to get more support on their school, thus it is always a best to assist school from your side to enlighten them more from your visit.
You could campaign for fundraising for their school for making science laboratory, library making, buying cupboards, tables, chairs, teaching posters, digital teaching DVDs etc. or assisting on sports such as, buying footballs, volleyballs and nets, badminton, table tennis, cricket etc.
We know that fact that everyone could not do much, but you may assist on anything that you could to support them on your trip to their place. You could even do very small support such as, buying some sports materials, buying colors and pencil or textbooks or examination copies etc., which do not cost more then US $100- $200 but this would also make them feel very good!
If you want to support anything, you could buy each and everything in Kathmandu to take with you or you can buy from Here.
Sponsoring a child
You can sponsor a child for his/ her school education. You can support by these ways.
- If you pay USD 150, it will support a child for his/her whole one year school fees & Stationary in a Government school.
- If you Pay USD 450, it will support a child for his/her whole one year school tuitions fee, exam fees, stationary & Sports fee ( In a private school)
- If you pay USD 1350, It will support a child for his /her whole one year tuitions fee, School dress, Exam fees, Books and other stationary, Hostel fees, All Foods ( B,L,D) in a private school.